I am trying to keep my Overprotective Mom sensor in check. A little girl has been messing with one of my little girls, and I want to, well, you can figure out the rest. I guess we were all picked on as children, but I apparently still have scars. When I learned about this little bully, I wanted to say things you should not say to a child. If she does that again, you have my permission to … I also wanted to challenge her mother to a duel on the playground. I could be wrong, but I suspect the little bully has a role model bully at home. I know any actions on my part would only make matters worse. For now, I am monitoring the situation and hoping the little people can resolve this on their own. If not, well, you know …

8 thoughts to “Bully

• Kristen

We are dealing with the same thing. I’m not sure how to proceed. Hard to keep that anger in check, isn’t it?

• Joyful Mom

Just dealt with this too. I had to fight hard to get it taken seriously at school.

• Blanc2

If it’s happening at school, it’s a good idea to first raise it with school staff/administration. Most schools nowadays are very sensitive to this and have good anti-bullying procedures in place.

• Percola

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I thought it was a bit early to be dealing with such issues. And yes, it is difficult keeping my anger in check.

• Nikki

We are kind of dealing with this as well. There is a little trouble maker in A’s class and the teachers just can’t control her. She actually bit A on the face (cheek) last year, but lets not get started on that. Good luck!

• Nikki

did my comment go through?

• SingLikeSassy

I can send some Vaseline down there….

• mamacandtheboys

That place of heat, fire and fury when one of our own is being attacked. Powerful to feel how quickly we go to that place isn’t it? I hope it is working out for all somehow. Words start fights I keep telling the boys..fists don’t.